Pages

Friday 14 March 2014

I Heart Spring TAG!

My lovely friend, Fleur, recently posted this tag and didn't specify anyone in particular to do it but instead invited everyone to! I thought it was a lovely idea and quite enjoy doing tags so here we are!

Favourite Spring Nail Polish? 
I've recently done a couple of blog posts on this but if I had to choose an absolute favourite it would be Essie's Fiji. It's such an incredible formula and the colour always makes me look tanned which is a feat in itself so it definitely wins hands down for me!

What is your must-have lip colour this Spring? 
I love wearing pinky-nude colours on my lips in spring as well as coral shades. My current go-to lip colour is the NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée - it's a gorgeous nude gloss that smells delicious and would compliment almost any make up look.


Show us your favourite spring dress! 
I have two! Is that cheating? First is one that I bought a year ago from River Island. I remember seeing it in the store and not picking it up and regretting it. I then made it my mission to track it down and buy it and I'm so happy I did. I always get compliments when I wear it. Second is an unexpected American Apparel buy from last Summer. Everyone and their mother was wearing the sunflower print but I hadn't seen anyone have it as a dress and I'm so happy I bought it! The material is quite light so it's perfect for those days when it's really warm, and it's just a really happy kinda dress.

What's your favourite flower? 
Roses. They have always been, and always will be, my favourite flower. I don't mind what colour they are but it's the smell that I'm obsessed with. When we moved into our house when I was a toddler, my grandad bought three rose bushes to plant in the garden - one for each of the children in my family. They're still alive and lovely, and they're even more special to me now that he is no longer with us.

Favourite spring scarf/accessory? 
Probably my Ray-Ban Clubmasters. Or my little Jigsaw grey belt. Both of these items just make me think of the sun and picnics and happy times.

What spring trends are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion etc) 
Good question. Obviously pastel coloured things are huge in Spring and I love me a bit of pastel. I like how in Spring time people seem more confident to wear colour again after Winter always being so dark.

Favourite Spring Candle? 
Yankee Candle's Fresh Cut Roses. Smells so fresh and elegant.

Favourite body spray/perfume for Spring?  
I'm going to be really generic and say Marc Jacobs Daisy. I'm partial to a bit of Paul Smith Floral, though, a perfume I have had for years.

What is spring like where you live? 
Bipolar. Some days it's gloriously sunny and others are definitely an "April showers" kinda day. It's rare that it's warm enough to wear dresses though as although it's sunny, it's also pretty cold. Damn England! 

What's your favourite thing about Spring? 
The weather getting a little less gloomy, and seeing more colour in the scenery. It makes me so happy to see blossom on trees and flowers springing up in unexpected places.

Are you a Spring cleaner? 
I'd like to say yes, but no. I reckon when I've got my own place I will be but currently being at Uni and living out of essentially one room doesn't leave me much to "do up" as it's all so cluttered. I think that when I've got my own place, I will wack out the bright furnishings come Spring and it will be lovely.

Any plans for Spring Break or an upcoming vacation?
Unfortunately I have not one, but two dissertations to write over the Spring break. That's 20,000 words of mind numbing research, ladies and gents. By May 2nd it will all be over thank The Lord but until then I am going to be knuckling down and trying to write something decent (I'm terrible at essays)! In the middle of this, though, my boyfriend, Tim, and I are going for a short but (hopefully) very sweet mini break to Venice. I've never been to Italy and we've never booked something as spontaneously as we did this so hopefully it will be a nice change even if only for a few days.

I tag anyone who reads this to do this tag, in particular Georgia, Zoe and Gabriella (because she always says she want to blog more!).

Are you as excited about Spring as I am?

Until next time!
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love this tag, you have a lovely figure :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, I've been following for a while now. Please could you check my blog out!
    http://lipglossglitterdrops.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete