Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

(Not so) Mini Haul

So I've been a little bit naughty and have been spending money when I'm meant to be saving it for Boston. NAUGHTY SOPHIE. But in return I have obtained some lovely things! So it isn't all bad I guess!

And here they are..

On the clothing front I haven't been tooooo bad! I've bought the generic Topshop Knitted Mix Stitch Jumper in four colours: mint, bright yello (not a spelling mistake, it's what is says on the website!), peach and lilac. The reasons being because when I like something, I REALLY like it. And these jumpers are now staples in my wardrobe - I wear them a LOT. So they're totally worth the £36 price tag!
Topshop Knitted Mix Stitch Jumpers

Moving onto skincare, I thought I'd give Simple's Cleansing Foam a go as it's not often I take good care of my skin. I've only used it a couple of times but really like it! It definitely feels like my skin is cleaner and fresher after I've used it!
Simple Cleansing Foam
I also bought a soap bar from Lush called Sultana of Soap, upon recommendation of MissGlamorazzi and it is so creamy and moisturising and just lovely! I use it in the shower just to moisturise after I've shaved my legs or on my body after I've been in the sun for too long. When I was in Lush, I wanted to buy Oatifix, which is a moisturising face mask. Unfortunately, they didn't have any more to sell but they had a store sample pot that they hadn't yet opened and the lovely lady gave it to me for free! S I've been using that aswell and, although it looks like my cat has been sick on my face, my skin definitely feels much more hydrated and soft afterwards! It also smells gorgeous and so yummy but don't eat it! Trust me.
Lush Sultana of Soap
Lush Oatifix

Next onto make up. I've been a bit naughty and bought some more lipsticks. You'd think I'd have learnt after swatching them all on my last post but no! I bought the hyped about Bourgois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Orange Punch and it did not disappoint. It is super moisturising and I can see myself using it a lot for a more toned down summer look as it's not too pigmented!
Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Orange Punch
I also bought another Rimmel lipstick - WHICH I BLAME GEORGIA FOR - in Coral in Gold and, although it's not something I'd normally go for, it's stunning when on. It's a coral with a gorgeous good shimmer running through it and it's like nothing I've seen before. So so pretty.
Rimmel lipstick in Coral in Gold
Then we have the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in the colour Passion and I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do! It's like you're colouring in your lips with a felt tip pen and then adding a lip balm over the top and it definitely does what it says on the tin. It may not be super pigmented but it definitely stays put and is a really gorgeous deep pink. Perfect, kissable lips.
Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Passion
I also purchased the Sleek Blush By 3 Palette in Lace because I had heard good things and even though the colours look super bright, when they are applied they add such a nice colour to my cheeks! I can definitely see my reaching for this blush a lot more than the one I used before. Just a quick note about this one, less is more definitely more. They're super pigmented and a little goes a long way.
Sleek Blush By 3 Palette in Lace
Sleek Blush By 3 Palette in Lace swatches
I also picked up Revlon's Photoready cream blush in Coral Reef. I am yet to try this properly but I have heard great things. The colour itself is beautiful, and on my hand looks lovely. I'm interested to see how I cope with it being a cream rather than a powder. Watch this space...
Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef

And then we move onto nails! Yay! Personally, I think I've done really well with some of the bargains I've picked up! First, I bought one of my lemmings, Butter LDN's Rosie Lee. It's a polish I had been debating over whether it was worth the £12 price tag, but I then realised I had quite a lot of rewards points on www.bathandunwind.com as a result of them messing up a previous order, and they had it in their sale. I only paid the £3 postage and I'm so glad I did because its so pretty! It's a gorgeous pinky gold glitter and the payoff is beautiful. Over OPI's Suzi's Hungary Again it is just perfect.
Butter LDN in Rosie Lee
I have also heard good things of the Barry M Gelly range, so picked up two in Guava and Lychee. They're not normally colours that I would go for, maybe it was their inticing names, but I think they'd be fun! Guava would definitely have to be worn with something fairly everyday-ish, whereas Lychee is more of a smart, workplace colour. They're rally pigmented and super shiny, I'm intrigued as to how long they stay on without chipping! I'll definitely blog about them soon.
Barry M Gelly polishes in Guava (left) and Lychee (right)
I also picked up a Sally Hansen polish, purely because I didn't actually own one! It's in the colour Frutti Petutie - a lovely hot pink (which I wear a lot on my nails as a colour). Again, this is somethingi will blog more on later...
Sally Hansen polish in Frutti Petutie
Last on nail front and to round everything off, I bought OPI Nail Envy and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat from Amazon (the supplier was Hollywood Nails). These are two products which I use a lot of. The OPI is a base coat that nourishes nails and prevents them breaking and helps to strengthen them. I have pretty bendy nails and this is my favourite base coat. I know it's pretty pricey, but it's good. The Seche Vite is another product I use a lot of. It says Dry Fast and boy does it. It's so glossy and the bottle I bought actually came with a refill bottle which means it's going to last me a long long time.
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat

OPI Nail Envy Original
And there is it. When I write it all down like that it sounds like so much but this is all I've bought all month which, for me, is so good! And they're all long term investments (kinda) so I'm a happy bunny!

If you'd like to know more about a certain product then please comment below and I'll be more than happy to tell you!

Until next time
xxx

2 comments:

  1. your photos are really clear&your writing is amazing :)

    If you have spare time to check my blog,i would be greatful :)

    Www.lululisaly.blogspot.co.uk

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jumpers are gorgeous! + that Sleek set is my favourite :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete