Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

♡ America - MAC Haul ♡

So a lot of you have asked for my MAC haul to be next in the series of posts based on my trip to America, so here you go! During my trip, I visited three MAC stores - all of them in New York. One on Fifth Ave, one on Soho Broadway, and one on Times Square, and each time I walked out with a fairly sizeable chunk missing from my funds!


As MAC is quite a bit cheaper in the US (around 30% give or take), I had written a list prior to my travels of items that I had heard very good things about and really wanted to try. I didn't end up buying nearly as much as I had wanted to, purely because I realised that some of the items I wanted (i.e. a list of at least 15 lipsticks) wouldn't have suited me colour-wise and I wouldn't have used them. I liked them for the wrong reasons - because they were pretty, not because they would look good on me. And money - obviously. Please excuse my freckles in the photos - they've come our in full force recently and look horrible so I apologise as I wasn't wearing any other make up to swatch!

I'll start with the lip products. First off is RiRi Woo. Rihanna's collection in the UK sold out super fast and it was damn hard to get hold of, but for some reason it was in stock on the American MAC website so I ordered one to Martha's house and it was there for when I arrived - lovely! I was a little apprehensive to use it because it looks so pretty and is limited edition, but what's the point of having it if you don't try?! Unfortunately, I don't really like it. It's very similar to Ruby Woo in colour - a bright scarlet - but I found it really hard to apply as it isn't very smooth. I know it's part of the Retro Matte range, but I had hoped that it would dry matte rather than be super drying to apply straight away. I think it's a colour that I will use again but it won't be one I reach for often.
RiRi Woo
The second lipstick I picked up wasn't one I has expected to but I'm so happy I did - it's called Fanfare and it's the nicest peachy nude. It's almost exactly the same colour as my lips naturally which may seem pointless to some but it adds that extra creamy-ness and has a slight shimmer to it, too. It's really smooth to apply, which I would have expected since it's part of the Cremesheen range, and it's already a firm favourite for when I'm going for a very natural make up look.
Fanfare
The third, and final, lipstick I picked up is one that I absolutely loved wearing on the trip and during the summer weather (booooo the winter weather has come too quickly!). It's a gorgeous pinky-coral called Costa Chic, and it's just lovely. It's really fun and bright but not too crazy, and was one of the various lipsticks on my list to buy so yay! It reminds be a bit of Rimmel's Coral in Gold, which I also own (oops), but a lot more pink. I wore it religiously during the hot days with minimal make up but I think it would also look really cute with heavier make up too!
Costa Chic
Staying on the lip product topic, I lastly bought a lipgloss on a whim. I saw it, I loved it, I bought it. I didn't even try it - I just knew I'd love it! And the fact that it was limited edition just sold it for me. It's from the Cremesheen Glass range and it's called Fever Isle. It. Is. Beautiful. I wore it a lot over Costa Chic but on its own it's so pretty. It's super glossy but not sticky at all, and it's just a really lovely colour to add a bit of a peachy pink pick-me-up to any natural make up look you're going for.
Fever Isle
Moving on to the eyes, I bought the Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack - a product that I have wanted for ages. I've been using a Maybelline gel liner for ages now but it's starting to show its age and it getting a little hard to work with formula-wise so it was time I invested in a new one and I've heard good things about the Fluidline! I bought the 208 angled brush to use it with, and am still getting used to using it as it's very different to what I'm used to, but I really like it already! You barely need any for great coverage, the angled brush means that you can different thicknesses, and I'm sure that once I get used to it, it will be faaaantastic.
Blacktrack Fluidline and 208 Angled Brush
I also bought the In Extreme Dimension Lash on a whim, I need help. It's new and the packaging looks inviting and I had a moment of weakness, as always. I haven't swatched it yet, as I'm trying to finish my current mascara before I start this one but as soon as I do, I will update this with a picture of how it looks on! It's in the colour Black Extreme, I'm not sure if they make it in another colour? The brush looks like it may be a good one, so let's hope that's the case!
In Extreme Dimension Lash
Moving onto the face as a whole, I have been wanted to try a BB Cream for aaaages. When in MAC, I saw they did one both in a compact and also in a tube. The sales assistant, Darren, convinced me that the compact was what I wanted because it had higher coverage, and here we are! I have the BB Prep+Prime in the shade Light Plus. I've been using it every day and absolutely love it. It's fairly high coverage, it's moisturising, it's SPF 30 - what more could you want! The only problem I have it that I don't think it will last long. With a cream, they spread quite easily and you don't need much to cover your face but with it as a compact it is a lot thicker and I find myself trying to scoop more onto my little sponge to cover my whole face. I don't think it will be long before I hit the pan, but that shows it's a great product right? It's had a lot of love already, that's for sure. In this photo I've swatched it but you can't really tell because it matched my skin tone so well - another reason it's so great!
Prep+Prime in Light Plus
And last, but definitely not least, is the Vanilla Pigment. I have wanted this for sooooo long, but just held off and held off because I have quite a few highlighters already. But I just caved when I realised it was the cheapest I was probably ever going to find it and I'm so happy I did! It's such a pretty highlight and I've been using it on my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes to add that extra glow. It looks very white in the pot but when on my skin it's quite a bit warmer, I'd say even a tiny bit gold-y. I'm a little gutted because I knocked the pot over the other morning when I was getting ready for work and I lost a fair amount of product as a result, but I know it's something that will last me a long time. The powder is super fine and very blendable. My only problem with it is that the lid doesn't seem to go on very well (hence the knocking it over problem, I thought the lid was on), does anybody else have this problem too?!
Vanilla Pigment

So that's it for my MAC haul. I hope you enjoyed reading what I bought and my opinions. Like I said, I would probably have bought more - probably the whole store if I had the money - but I had to prioritise and I really do love the products I did buy. What's your favourite MAC product?

Until next time
xxx

10 comments:

  1. That is some haul! All the lipsticks are lovely :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    Check out my giveaway - win a MAC lipstick of your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this haul!
    I can't wait for the rest of your related America posts :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! There's only a few left and it's so sad! But I will be posting them over the next few weeks! x

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I really want to try that Vanilla Pigment! :)
    It looks so pwetty!
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Try it in the store first and see how you like it! x

      Delete
  4. Riri woo looks unreal on you !!! Very jealous of your purchases, hope you enjoyed your trip to America :) would love if you checked out my blog frillsandflour.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete