Valentines is one of this marmite type events - you either love it or you hate it. It's one of those commercial holidays which companies such as Clinton's make an absolute fortune. But to people who moan and complain about it, I say get over it. So what if someone wants to buy the person they love a gift to show them their appreciation? Often people in a relationship can get so comfortable that they forget to remind their other half of how much they mean to them, and I see Valentines as a great reminder to do just that. I also don't see it as something purely for couples. If you have an amazing best friend or family member who deserves to be shown how much you love and appreciate them, this is the perfect moment to show them. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the form of a gift, it can be a card or a day out or even just a text. But if you're thinking of getting someone a gift, I've put together a few ideas of things that I'm pretty sure most girls would love to receive. I have also done the same for men so keep your eyes peeled for the next post!
1. I know it's a very generic gesture to give the gift of Pandora but it's generic for a reason - the jewellery is lovely. The quality it amazing and it's not overly expensive. Their Valentines collection this year is beautiful and I've picked out a few things which are just gorgeous: the heart pavé ball charm (£60), the heart gift box charm, which opens and has a small gold ring inside, (£60) and the delicate pink heart ring (£35).
2. You can't go wrong with a lovely large jar of Yankee Candle's Fresh Cut Roses (£19.99). It's a permanent fragrance that is just so light and fresh, and has always been one of my favourites.
3. Lush have also brought out a really cute Valentines range this year, and their Love Locket (£6.95) looks promising. A little on the pricey side when it comes to Lush, but it's a treat, right? It smells slightly floral with hints of vanilla and although they say it can last for two baths, the reviews suggest it's only good for an extra special one.
4. A great face product is the Soap & Glory The Fab Pore (£10) which shows promise. This would be perfect for a girl who likes to treat herself with a face mask every week, with the added benefit that it reduces pores whilst unclogging them and giving your skin a well needed detox.
5. If the recipient of this gift is really into their skincare, then REN's Rosa Centifolia Facial Cleansing Gel (£17 for 150ml) is sure to be a hit. The rose scented gel cleans the pores if any dirt as well as balancing, toning and smoothing the skin. It's really gentle on the skin so would be perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.
6. For a girl who is more into clothes than beauty, a River Island Black Cut Out Metal Trip Cami Top (£20) would be perfect. It's one of those tops that can be worn with almost anything and would go beautifully with a statement necklace.
7. Another gorgeous item which would look amazing with any girls wardrobe is this statement piece from River Island - a beige gem stone embellished messenger bag (£40). It really is a statement handbag for just a day out in town or for a nice night out. It's not often you see bags that are embellished that don't look tacky (gemstones can either be so right or so so wrong) so grab this while you can!
However you choose to spend it, I hope you have a beautiful Valentines Day with people that you love and cherish.
Have any of these suggestions helped you? What would you choose?
Until next time!