Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

2013 Favourites!

I can't believe that it's 2014 already. It feels like yesterday that it was 2012 and the Olympic Games were on and I was so proud of my country. 2013 hasn't been incredible for me, but it has been an improvement on the previous year, however I'd like to share with you my 2013 highlights! From moments to products, here are my 2013 Favourites!

Just a quick heads up that I've had to use internet images for a few of these things as (as some of you may already know) I'm at University and have come home for the holidays but not brought all of these products back with me to photograph for you - sorry!

Places
For those of you who have been reading my blog since day one, you'll know that in the summer I went to Boston and New York with my best friend. It was the trip of a lifetime! I've been wanting to go to America since I was 11 and we went to Florida, but with a family of five it can be quite expensive! My parents agreed to pay for part of the flights for my 21st birthday present and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I had the most amazing time and can't wait to go back! If you'd like to read more, check out my posts about it from back in the summer!

Scents
My taste in scents has always been that I sway towards very sweet, girly smells. Yankee Candle's Vanilla Satin is and always will be one of my favourites, it smells so good that it's almost edible! I've had it in my burner for a long time now and still haven't tired of it. I also decided to branch out a little when it comes to perfume as I've been using the same one, Paco Rabanne's Lady Million for a few years (which I still love), but I received a little bottle of Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb from a friend after mentioning I really liked it and just had to invest in a big bottle. It is divine. It's a little musky which isn't something I'd normally go for but I love it! A perfect wintery scent, too.



Make Up
I've decided to focus on drugstore make up for my favourites as opposed to high end as I've been using a lot more drugstore make up this year than I used to. With the battle of the lip crayons going on, I've tried a few different brands. There has, however, been one that has constantly stood out to me and has resulted in me owning the majority of the colours (four out of the five available) - the Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon. The pigment it really buildable and the formula is super moisturising so they've been something I've been reaching for for my everyday make up and I love them! I own the colours Red Sunrise, Orange Punch, Peach on the Beach and Plum Russian. They also smell really nice which is a bonus. Bourjois have really been bringing it this year because I've also been loving their Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in the shade 52 Vanilla. Again, it smells amazing (kinda fruity), and it's really easy to apply and light. The coverage is definitely buildable and it's perfect for a healthy, dewy look.

Music
I took my boyfriend to go see the Arctic Monkeys in October as a belated graduation present because they're his favourite band and I hadn't really ever listened to them much before but I had the best time! After the show, I couldn't get their songs out of my head so downloaded their new album and when I say I've had it on repeat ever since, I'm not exaggerating.

Skincare
My skincare routine has become a lot better this year - yay! I've stopped using make up wipes, unless I'm feeling really lazy, and started using the L'oréal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution to take my make up off with. I like to cleanse my face first, with Simple's Foaming Cleanser to remove most of the make up and then use L'oréal after. I then use the Skin Perfection Day Correcting Moisturiser afterwards which leaves my skin baby smooth. I occasionally use the Skin Perfection Toner if it's been a heavy make up day or my skin is feeling a little dry. All of these products I would highly recommend - they're not too pricey, work very well and smell so good. It also helps that they're pink and I love that!

Clothes
As you have probably read, I bought four Topshop knitted jumpers in different colours - yellow, coral, mint and lavender. I wear them all the time and love them to bits. They've definitely been a staple in my wardrobe! I've also been wearing my Steve Madden Albany boots to death and love these too! I've never really had a pair of knee high boots before and, although these are a little pricey at £135, they're my favourite shoes and I wear them every chance I get. They just work so well with leggings or skinny jeans!

Media
When it comes to media, I only ever really used to use Facebook, or occasionally Twitter. It was in 2013 that I began using Instagram a lot more and I have never looked back! When I had lots of time I used to post every day and be really particular about my pictures. My style of photography has changed a lot over the year but I have some really lovely followers who still follow me and like what I post, even if it is less regular! I also began this blog this year, which I am so so so happy about. I love blogging and I feel kinda embarrassed that I used to think people who blogged were weird. I used to think "who would want to read pages and pages of people's thoughts?!" but then I started reading a few blogs, and it completely made sense why. People offer their opinions on things and share their knowledge with you. They can advise and recommend and I'm afraid to say that all these beauty blogs have had their effect on me when it comes to my bank balance! But anyway, I love blogging, and I'm so happy that people actually want to read what I have to say! It makes me really happy that people actually care. The busier I have been with Uni work, the harder it is to keep up with my Instagram and blog but I'm trying my best so please bear with me!

And finally, my friends! Through Instagram and blogging I have met so many lovely people this year and, although I have not met some of them in person yet, I still count them as close friends.
New Years Eve

So here's to 2014, may it bring you all happiness, health and good fortune! What have your 2013 favourites been?

Until next time!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. arctic monkeys concert?! so lucky ahah xx

    http://a-little-treat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Going to see them again in the Summer aswell :) x

      Delete